Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby Dedication

This morning at church we had baby dedication. As much as I thought I had prepared everything last night to make this morning go smoothly, it was quite the mad rush to get to church on time. I guess this is the Lord convicting me for all those times that I couldn't understand how people with children couldn't get places on time...oh I can never take back those words enough because now I totally understand and I am just going to go ahead and accept the fact that I will probably never be on time anywhere, ever again. That's what I get for my comments over the years... so sorry.

Our sweet little family of 3.. guess who's the worst mom in the world and forgot his little booties to wear today.. yes, that would be me.. go ahead and call DHR since I had no socks on my child this morning.

This is our sweet pastor giving us the charge to take the initiative to be the primary faith trainer for our children. We often think about what Fulton will be like when he grows up and what he will enjoy, but our prayer for him is to know his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We pray for his salvation in this broken world. That is so much more important than what cute clothes he will wear, or if he will be good at sports or make good grades. All that stuff is so trivial compared to his relationship with the Lord. We realize now that our example to him is huge and we know we are no where near perfect, but we must strive to be the godly parents that the Lord desires for us.



My sweet fam came to support us today. They love them some Fulton!! We appreciate them being there and all leaving their own churches today to be with us.



And Matt's fam got to come as well. We don't get to see them enough, so we enjoyed them being with us today.


See this face... he is saying "I am so glad that is over!!" We talked all the way to church about how we would behave once we got on stage and that he could add a few more things to his Christmas list if he didn't cry in front of everyone and boy was he a charm up there. He did fabulous!!


We went back to mom and dad's house for lunch and the first thing Fulton did was ditch those dress up clothes and get into something comfy and do a little stretching. He was worn out from all those pictures and people pinching his cheeks and oohing and ahhing over him.




We enjoyed a delicious lunch with the family and a fabulously cute and yummy cake. Little man was eyeing that puppy and I think he really wanted to dig into it...but he will have to wait until his first birthday for that.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

So thankful for parents like you and Matt. Fulton is blessed!
(Raylin's gran)

Keri said...

What a great day! So glad we were there to be a part of it!
And the cake was delish!