Friday, October 1, 2010

Here's The Dining Room

It's Show Us Your Life again at Kelly's Korner. This week is the dining room. Hold on to your seat, cause this room is real exciting. So, here it is. We painted this room red when we moved in because I love red and well, the hubby and my dad needed something to do. And boy, did this take them a while. We have some seriously tall ceilings here, but they did a great job. We just recently got some new drapes for our dining room and I really like them and those puppies came from Wal-Mart, believe it or not.

We got our table and china cabinet at Ashley Furniture when we moved in. We didn't have a dining room in our previous two homes, so we had to purchase one and this was the floor model and we got a steal on it. Let me explain the crookedness. The leaf isn't usually in the table, but we had a little party recently and I haven't stopped to take it back out. But when we put the leaf in, I turn the table crooked so it's not so tight on the window side. It really took me a while to be able to do this, because I am a straight person. I don't like things diagonal and off the line... that's the OCD in me.

I really love our china cabinet because we finally have a place to display the china that we never use. Seriously, in all the 6 years we have been married I have never used this stuff. I have had opportunities where I probably should have used it, but I just didn't. That needs to be a goal for me... get the china out and use it. I should write that one down. Hope you have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Keri said...

The next time I come over to eat, we are eating off your china! So go ahead and wipe of the dust, b/c we're gonna put it to use!
Love the new curtains...the added a great touch to the room!

The Tucks said...

I like the curtains too!!!
The red is so pretty and I love it that you have a REAL dining room table! Maybe one day we will have one..ha! Thank you for sharing your dining room Kristen!

Brittany said...

love red dining room!

G K said...

That red is so bold and pretty!

Christie said...

Love the red! I once had a red dining room, but it is now a red PLAYROOM!!!!

The Rumage's said...

I love the red too! I am so glad that we aren't the only ones without a dining room table (Kristen, now that you have one, I guess you have been booted from the tableless club)!

Unknown said...

I heard that the color red encourages people to eat more. Now that's a great color for a dining room.
Love your space. Have a blessed day!