Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You Can Never Have Too Many

Jeans that is. It's getting about that time.. cool crisp air and my legs are getting cold at night. So, it's time to pull out the jeans. At the first sign of warmness each Spring, Matt and I put the jeans up, shove them to the top of the closet and don't put a pair on until that coldness comes back in the Fall. I hate wearing jeans in the summer. Cannot stand it. So, it was time to pull them out and I thought they probably needed a good cleaning before slidin' the ole wranglers on again.
This was just one load... now I will admit, I have a little problem with jeans. The last count I had 18 pair. I know, that is a little ridiculous. But, let me explain. Not to long ago Old Navy had this great sale for $12 dollar jeans. I really like this one style, so I thought, why not? Some people just wear their jeans for a short time and then off to the salvation army they go. Not me, I keep these puppies till the threads are bare. And then I cut em off and make some blue jean shorts.. just kidding, not really... but that would make good Christmas presents. Now, I will leave you with this... what's your favorite pair of jeans from long long ago? Mine, well, it was a pair of Bongo and they were teal.... you got that right... teal. I loved these bad boys and wore the heck out of them in the 7th and 8th grade. Don't be jealous?!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I loved me some white (and black) jeans back in the day! Wore those things out! I am pretty sure that I had some dark green, a royal blue color...all I can remember right now. I think these colored gems were all Levi's. That's one of the only brands that I could find in a short length.

G K said...

LOL @ jeans you loved! I had a favorite pair that were Bongos, too -- they were brown and had a little jacket to match (hilarious)! LOVED that outfit!

I probably have about two pairs of jeans I can actually wear (the rest are too...um...snug).

I'm not a big fan of jeans, actually, because of the way they fit my body type (I'm hippy and got some junk in the trunk). It's sooo hard to find jeans that fit me well. I'm 28 years old and still haven't found any. Beyonce supposedly has a line for the curvier girls like me...I guess I should check it out one day.