Friday, October 8, 2010

Let's Eat

It's that time again....Kelly's Korner --Show Us Your Life and it's all about kitchens this week. Our kitchen is nothing spectacular, but we love it and it serves its purpose. You don't have to look at us long and know that--we like to eat. This is our little breakfast "nook" -if you like to call it that. Here's a run down of the fine pieces of furniture in here. That bakers rack was mine in college and it matched my bed. That is a Big Lots special and has worked perfectly with the table we scored off Craig's List before we moved in this house. Our previous kitchen table was square and just didn't work for this space. We just recently recovered the chairs... the hubs is awesome at this task and we have done this several times in the marriage and haven't shot each other with the staple gun.



Here's the rest of the room. My favorite little gem is in the left corner, that little KitchenAid mixer Matt gave me for our anniversary this year. I love that little puppy. And who could have chosen a better color than crimson. I will honestly admit that my counter tops always look this way. It's that crazy OCD thing coming out again. I cannot stand for things to be on the counters or stuff not be put away. It's weird.. I can leave the bed unmade, but counter clutter drives me nuts. PS-look at that little stinker peeking around the corner


And this is probably my favorite little corner of the kitchen. Sister got me that H trivet a few years ago and I just love it. Matt searched high and low one year for a cookbook holder for me...love it too. Excuse the 'nanners in the picture... they don't really have a good home. Now, what's for dinner?!



6 comments:

Kerri said...

We have a very 'beige' kitchen too but yours looks great with the paint! We live in Army housing and I just didn't have the energy to paint this time!! Your kitchen is cute.

Joyce said...

Your little pup is adorable! I'm the same way about my kitchen countertops.

Enjoy your weekend!
Go Vols ! : )

Keri said...

Oh yes...cannot have anything on the counter...I am quite familiar with this! Good thing we never lived with each other!
Don't you just love your mixer...it is by far my favorite kitchen gadget/appliance!

Miss V said...

Love the personal touches! I am also totally OCD about the kitchen it's my biggest pet peeve to have a messy kitchen, probably why I don't do the cooking.. haha ;)

The Tucks said...

I didn't know you got a Kitchenaid! Woo Hoo!!! I want one in every color. I love the fabric on the chair cushions too.

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi there! Stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Such a cute kitchen!