Sunday, September 5, 2010

Adventures In Babysitting

Last weekend Matt's team had their first official game of the season and it was a far far away game in South Carolina. I decided not to make the trek for the game and my sweet friend and fellow coaches wife, Paige, decided to go and I offered to keep their daughter Cassidy. It was a fun time!! Friday after school we headed straight to the lake. Cassidy was so excited all the way there, she just could not fathom where we were going... she kept asking if other people would be there, would we spend the night, could you swim from one side to the other... all these fun questions. As soon as we got there, she couldn't wait to go swimming. So we went for a little sunset swim.
And then it was off to the next adventure... giving Harley a bath. Now, we don't usually make our guests give our dog a bath, but Cassidy had been asking about this for a long time. She was really looking forward to it... Harley, not so much.

The next day, after some restful sleeping (a 1 am wake up call, several jabs in the side, and some early morning cartoons) we were ready for some more fun in the sun .



We went for a ride on the jet ski... safety first.... must wear that life jacket at all times. I know she was like "Aunt Kristen is so not cool because she will not let me take this silly brown vest off."



And then for a boat ride... where this sweet thing just sat in the front of the boat all stretched out and relaxed. She was loving it! She wanted to stop in the middle of the lake and go for a swim. She is a tough little girl!!




She really was like, Kristen, stop taking my picture. But she just kept smiling!






And she did some jumps off the side of the boat and wanted us to give her scores for each of the jump. I loved it! We had the best time... and I am so thankful that her sweet mom trusts me enough to let her come, because I loved having her there. Fun weekend!




2 comments:

Christie said...

I'll let you keep Raylin anytime. I think she might be a little more trouble than this though, actually A LOT more trouble!

Paige said...

Oh Miss Kassidy!!! I love her!! and her Mom too!!!