Saturday, September 25, 2010

Our Master Bedroom

It's Show Us Your Life at Kelly's Korner. I am sure you've read her blog... everyone does. Right now she is doing a home tour for the next several weeks. I missed out on last week, which was living rooms, although you have already seen ours a million times with the pictures I put on here, but I thought I would try to join in this week and maybe again if you are lucky. Besides the Tide is in a close game with some Razorbacks right now and my heart is palpitating and I need something to take my mind off it. So, here's our master bedroom. This is the view from the door off the hallway. Let me give you a play by play. This furniture has been around. My parents got me this furniture when I was in high school (it was my first big girl set--precious), so it came along when we tied the knot 6+ years ago because if you had seen Matt's furniture you would agree that we should stick with mine. But I do love this furniture... it has held up great. Back to the point, sorry, this bedding was a wedding gift and has served its purpose. Although, I often get the itch to change it up.

Here's a view from Harley's corner of the room. The piece in the corner was swiped at my parent's house and it holds the ole 19 incher. Next to it is my jewelry cabinet that I got from a friend who was selling it when they moved and then the dresser. This random chair was given to us and my mom found another one of our spreads on sale many years ago and used the fabric to cover the chair to match.

Here's a view from the corner looking towards the bathroom. You may have noticed our heavy drapes in the picture above. Those suckers are usually closed because the sun rises on the backside of our house, right where our bedroom is and if you want to sleep any minute past the beautiful sunrise, you better keep em closed. Thanks to momma senorita for those. Before we go, let's just be honest here for a minute... I had to make the bed before I took this picture. No, we do not make our bed in the morning.. that is a dirty little secret you now know about us. We pull the sheets up and straighten it but that comforter stays down and the pillows are off. What's the point anyways? That's a whole 'nother blog. Anyways, there's our bedroom.


2 comments:

Keri said...

Mom did not do a good job of "making" us make our beds growing up...and I'm really ok with that. I always pull the sheets up, but the comforter always stay at the bottom and the pillows are on the floor.
I should do this post as well...especially since I have a new comforter on the bed.

The Tucks said...

I LOVE it that you joined in on the Show Us Your Life post!!! I got brave enough to link mine with Kelly's post on friday and 4 people commented on my blog from across the country!!! So crazy! I love your 4 post bed. I think my next bed will be a king size (b/c D is a BED HOG)4 post bed.

By the way.... I am going to do a Flashback Friday post one of these days. and I will say....

"Today at Matt and Kristen's blog, we are joining in on "Flashback Friday"..."

You'll be famous just like Kelly's Korner.