Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fabulous Football

It was another weekend filled with football games.... Friday night Hoover played Oak Mountain and I hate to say it, but it was almost a little bit of a uninteresting (to say it nicely) game. Hoover won 60 to 0... now, do you know what I mean.
Here's the coach coming off the field... it was a hot and sweaty night.. but grateful for a win.

Sweet friends... David and Jennifer came to support Matt... they even wore their orange and black to support. It was great to have them there.


Mom and Dad came too and endured the heat.. Such faithful fans they are. Go Bucs!
And Saturday, we headed to Tuscaloosa again for the Alabama vs. Penn State game. Now, Matt has been talking about this game for a long time. He has been so excited to see Joe Paterno. So needless to say, we were up early and headed for some tailgating fun.


Now, it was another extremely hot, muggy, at some points very wet, day... so no pictures were taken because if only I had a bag on my head like this sweet lady, then my hair might not have looked quite as bad as it did.

Matt wanted to head into the stadium early so he could get a picture of Joe Pa (that's what you are supposed to call him I was told) coming out of the tunnel with his team.



I went on up to our seats and rested my puppies while Matt staked out a good spot to get a picture. Bless him, he stood here for almost an hour so he could get a close up. He said he almost missed this picture because Erin Andrews (you know the ESPN reporter) came out right before him and he was trying to get a picture of her.


I took several of him on the field, so I will just share this one with you. I just think this sweet old man is just precious (Matt says I should quit saying that, because he wouldn't want to be called precious), but anyways if he wasn't married I would try to set him up with that sweet old lady with the bag on her head. But speaking of Joe Pa's wife.. Matt told me why he wears his pants hemmed up so high... because when he first started coaching years ago his wife got mad because he kept coming home with that backs of his pants dirty from dragging on the field, so she hemmed them up and he has been wearing them short like that ever since. Now, isn't that the sweetest thing you have heard all day.
On another note I went a restraint training for 2 days last week.. I learned how to take people (or students if necessary) down to the ground... I keep trying to practice this on Matt.. but he keeps resisting... I must catch him off guard.






4 comments:

The Tucks said...

you crack me up.... one of my favorite parts of this post is when you were speaking of Joe Pa:

"if he wasn't married I would try to set him up with that sweet old lady with the bag on her head"

ha! I literally laughed out LOUD!!!

You are so funny :)

Paige said...

Restraint Training!!! So much fun. My hubby never played along and let me think I was as strong as they let me believe in the training.

Keri said...

How did I miss the bag lady? I think she might need to invest in one of those plastic bonnets!
Didn't know this about Joe Pa's pants...just thought he liked to wear his pants short. I'll have to check with Steven to see if he knew about this.

The Rumage's said...

This is the funniest post. I think Joe Pa is precious too!

I REALLY want to see a picture of that takedown when it happens...you know it would make a great post!