Saturday, September 24, 2011

Firsts

We've had a few firsts this week... and first things first....we have survived our first week at home. It was touch and go there some nights, but we are still alive. This little stinker does not like to do much sleeping at night and it's wearing down his mommy and daddy. I may have to start looking for a night shift job.
Tuesday we had our first doctor's visit and Fulton did great. We actually made it on time, with a few minutes to spare. It didn't help that I was moving extremely slow and still needed to sit on my doughnut (and we aren't talking about Krispy Kreme here people).


Rockstar of a dad held the little guy and warmed him back up after they made us strip him down to his skivvies to weigh him.



Little buddy had to get some blood drawn and here he is with his very first band-aid. I told him if he did really good we could get an ice cream cone afterwards and since he can't eat it yet, I would take one for the team and eat it for him.





Aunt Keri has been amazing this week. She is like Super Nanny and keeps coming to the rescue at just the right times.




Pops and KK are fabulous!! They have stayed up some late nights to console us and encouraged us when we didn't think we were going to make it. We really don't know what we would do without our family. I keep asking each of them if they want to all move in with us, but no one seems to take me up on the offer.



This little stud turned one week old on Thursday... wow, one week already?! Where did the past week go... oh I will tell you where it went... feeding, changing diapers, crying (me and him), washing clothes over and over, and the cycle continues. But it's all worth it for this sweet face.



And Friday Fulton had his first real (well sort of real) bath since coming home. I know... our kid hadn't had a bath in a week... but I just kept sponging him off in the meantime. Matt and I are learning quickly... not quickly enough... that the woowoo can seriously shoot far. We just keep forgetting to cover that up and boy did it shoot to the ceiling and back down to the floor...all over the kitchen. Matt and I just stood there dying laughing. We will learn eventually... hopefully.

5 comments:

G K said...

Aww, he's so cute, Kristen. :) I was so glad to see on my list that your blog had been updated.

You crack me up, by the way. Every time I come on here.

Anyway, glad you guys had a great first week and that Fulton had a great first doctors appointment. Looking forward to your next post already.

Keri said...

Oh I love the picture of him sitting in the brown chair...I haven't seen that one.
I am loving every minute of my aunt duties!

Joy said...

Wow...if I haven't already said this.....he is a beautiful baby!

Christie said...

Congratulations!!!! He is so cute! It DOES get easier! :)

Kathy Jo said...

He is a handsome young man that looks like his daddy!! I, too, love your posts! Gotta get you a peepee teepee - ha ha ha ha!!!!!

KJ