Monday, August 2, 2010

Ian Turns One

Saturday we went to Ian's birthday party. This is the youngest son of our dear friends Hope and Nathan. We love us some Ian! We feel like their kids are like our own, so we wouldn't miss the monster bash for anything. Look at this fabulous cake that Hope made.. yes, she made this thing.. rolled the fondant and all. I see the Cake Boss do this all the time and I was so impressed with her hard work.

Here I am with the birthday boy. He wasn't sure what was going on and seemed to be more interested in eating the paper than opening his presents.

This little booger was so excited to dig into his cake.. he was a little hesitant at first, but once he figured it out, he had it on his head, ears, elbows... everywhere.


The first thing Matt did was put his party hat on. You can't have a party without the party hats.



Here are a few girls from our small group at church. There was a swim party after that.. but I felt since we left our swimmies at home, we better not participate this time.

Sunday we headed to Arab, where keri's fiance is from, for her tea. See that huge hydrangea arrangement behind me? I want one of those bushes in our yard. They are so gorgeous. We ended the weekend with dinner at delish Salvatores with our sweet friends the Warrens. Great weekend!


2 comments:

Keri said...

I'm still amazed by Hope's talent in cake decorating. Wonder if she will make my birthday cake for next year?

Jen said...

Omg!!! That cake is amazing! Does she have a business? Seriously, that cake is awesome! What a cute theme for a birthday party.