Saturday, January 30, 2010

This Could Be My New Hobby

Tuesday night we had a "Ladies Night" with the girls from our small group at church. We gathered at Whitney's house for a night of food, fellowship, and decorating. It's always a blast when we get to have a night to just hang out and have fun. We tried to get Asher (3 yrs old) to take our picture and that just didn't work too well, so we opted for the self-timer on this one. Sorry my thigh is taking up half the picture.


Now here's the hobby.... you know a few years ago I went to Hobby Lobby looking for a new hobby... I came out with nothing. People, I have tried it all...scrapbooking, sewing (several times), photography, painting, and now cake decorating. Although I love all these activities, I just can't seem to get good at anything....now it's a stretch to say I was "good" at cake decorating.. but I did enjoy it. I just can't keep myself from eating all the icing.

Here is my cupcake that I decorated. It looks more like an Easter egg...but I did my best. "A" for effort!




And here is a cake we decorated...and when I say "we" I mean "I". I ended up with the cake bags in my hand and just went to town on this little puppy. I started out with blue and wanted to go all the way around, but oops I ran out.. so it's multi-colored. So, don't rush me all at once, but if you want me to make your next cake for a special event, I might can fit you in my busy schedule!!



6 comments:

Keri said...

Well my birthday is coming up, so you have a little while to practice on my two tiered cake that I have in mind...chocolate please :)
Great job on the cake and cupcake...maybe we should take a cake decorating class!! Something to think about...

Jen said...

How fun! (I like eating the icing too!) And I love all the colors. You did a very good job, easter egg cake and all.

Hope said...

Sorry, the Easter colors were my fault. You weren't supposed to use all the colors on the same cupcake. I had a blast. I can't wait until the next get together.

Christie said...

Cute cupcake and cake! I'll have to keep you in mind for Raylin's next birthday!

Paige said...

I have "Stalked" you guys for a while. I let Matt know at school one day, so I officially added you to my bloff list. Love the blog, you guys crack me up!!! Nice work on the decorating!!1

The Tucks said...

This really will be my new hobby. I am totally going to take the classes!