Saturday, January 9, 2010

Monster Jam

In the last few years Matt and I have decided we are going to start doing things we have never done before... you know adventurous stuff!! Well, boy this was surely something we had never done before. I guess you could say we are "expanding our horizons." Last night we headed to Monster Jam. Otherwise known as a Monster Truck Show. I really wanted to get some proper "outfits" for this adventure... but it was a little chilly last night and our cut off t-shirts would just have been too cold.
These trucks are enormous. I really wanted to take my picture by one of them.. but none of that was allowed.

This is El Toro Loco or something like that. It has bull horns on the front. It was a crowd favorite I guess... cause Matt and I just yelled and clapped when everyone else did.



And another big jump


Now look at these little puppies... ear plugs!! Well, worth the $1 dollar we paid for them. Never did we think we would need earplugs... remember we have never been to one of these. The show is about to start and even the announcer guys microphone is hurting my ears.. the engines haven't even started. I sent Matt on a man hunt to find something to plug our precious ears up. We really enjoyed our first Monster Truck Show. I am starting to feel so well-rounded!




5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm cracking up over here! You two are hilarious! Monster trucks? Your horizons are expanded. I bet you guys stuck out amoung all the interesting people at the show. LOL!

Keri said...

I remember going to something similar to this when I was in elementary school and could not believe how loud it was. So glad y'all enjoyed the show!

Christie said...

This so cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Ha, totally hilarious! I went to several of those Monster Truck shows when I was a kid because of the season tickets we had to the Pyramid in Memphis. And that was one of the perks. I even played with toy ones to rev up for the show. Too funny! Looks like you had a great time!!

The Ness Story said...

y'all make me smile!!!