Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July



I hope everyone had a good 4th. We were at the lake this weekend and had a great time. Matt and I slipped out of class a little early Thursday night so we could head up early. Friday there was a full crowd on the dock. Greg and Ann (aunt and uncle) came over with their boat and were determined to help me and Keri learn to wakeboard. Sister did great!! I really did want to learn. I only got up for like maybe 2.5 seconds. Saturday was a much better day and I stayed up for a good few minutes. It's difficult to hold on to the rope and adjust your swimsuit...but I do feel it isn't necessary for the whole lake to have to see that.


Friday night we shot some fireworks and played with some sparklers. Sometimes the pyromaniac in me comes out--I sure do love some sparklers. Matt screamed when I was swinging them and one brushed his leg. He didn't lose too much hair. Saturday was another fun day with family and friends. Our newlywed friends, Danny and Casey, came up and we had fun playing on the lake with them. It was a fun 4th!!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Loved the slide show! Those were some super long sparklers!!! So impressed with you and Keri wakeboarding!

Keri said...

Look at your cute little slide show! So glad you left out the pictures of my numerous face plants!