Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What a Day!

This may seem like such an innocent piece of plastic. Yesterday, it was more than that. What a day it was. Since nothing else too exciting is going on lately, I will share this little fun we had yesterday. So we are off to class last night.. as we do EVERY night.. I am a little bitter. We never take 2 cars. But we did last night.. and thank goodness. Matt only stayed in class for a bit then had to drive back to the high school for a parent meeting while I stayed in class and suffered through it. Several minutes after he leaves he sends me a text saying my truck won't start, bring me your keys so I can get the jumper cables. What?! So I run out there and he is all flustered and wants to jump it off. I said just take my car, you are already going to be late. So after much convincing he finally took my car. He finishes his meeting and drives all the way back to our school (good thing he didn't forget I was there stranded). I finally get out of class about 8:45... out to the parking lot thinking oh he is all ready to go. No!! Won't even turn over. Stinker!! After many good citizens stop by and to help...all the while matt with his head in the hood and several sorority girls that felt necessary to sit at the picnic table that was 2 feet from our car watching the whole thing... we finally decide to call for help.

We had to get a jumper guy come and with his industrial size cables he jumped us off. What a blessing though--he was a Christian guy who didn't rip us off and we sat and talked about the Lord with him for a bit. Sorry this is getting a little long. By this time it's just us and the janitors on campus. We head to the Wally World and I sit in the truck while matt gets a battery.. off to the house where my dad finally met us about 10:30 to put the new battery in. $150 dollars later.. I guess I won't be getting any new school clothes....What a night!!! PS.... I didn't even mention how I started the day with a steroid injection into my shoulder and argued with the tag place because my new tag hasn't come in and the darn paper thing is expired... I guess it could be worse!! God is really so good to us.. this is really nothing!!! Hope you had a great day!

3 comments:

Keri said...

What an exciting day! Glad the sorority girls were there to help out too! Don't you just love the people that work out the tag place? You know they just love their job and are there to make your life easier?!?

Jen said...

Good gracious! That's some day you guys had there!

I try to avoid the tag people like the plague. Always so pleasant aren't they?

And batteries are so expensive! I don't like to buy those darn things.

The Rumage's said...

Wow...sounds like a whirlwind of a day! The DMV rocks...I have no clue why you get so frustrated with them. They are the most efficient and effective use of our hard earned tax dollars I can think of...LOL.

Hope the rest of the week goes smoothr!