Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas With The Bouchillons

This weekend we had Christmas with the Bouchillons. This is my aunt, uncle, and cousins that live in South Carolina (my mom's sister) and my cousin and his wife that live in Kentucky. We all met at my Mema and Papa's house and had Christmas on the farm this weekend. We took our annual visit to one of my Papa's grocery stores and even took our picture out front.. ain't that somethin! We have a tradition in our family that every year at our Christmas meal we do crackers. You pop your cracker and you get a prize toy, a joke, and a crown. Everyone has to wear their crown while they eat. We opened presents and Papa gave all the guys a matching Gateway Foodland shirt-this is his grocery store. Matt, Dad, and Mark were so kind, they wore them to church this morning.

More random pictures from the weekend. Dad got to "carve the ham" and ate a few bites while he worked. The ladies did an ornament swap and who would guess I would pick #1 and get the gag ornament- a beautiful red cardinal. Keri, aka "the favorite daughter" even got mom and my aunt Susan, "mom's favorite" ornaments and wrote her name and Mark's name on them. Since they are the first born from each family they think they are the favorites and well, Keri doesn't know about that extra 100 dollar bill mom and dad slipped me this weekend :)!! Who's the favorite now?? What a great weekend spent with family!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I can't believe you posted the pic of us standing in front of the grocery store...we look like true rednecks!! It was so warm yesterday...I think you can see sweat running down my face!