Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Checking Them Off

It's the fabulous "Summer to-do list." It started off with about 6 things on it and has quickly grown to almost 20. I posted this sucker right on the fridge so we would be forced to look at it everyday. And like any good list, we get to cross it off when it's complete. Ahh.. I love that part. 


Poor Matt... in all of his spare time I have kept him busy with my little projects. But so far, we have actually completed a few and hopefully we can mark them all off before summer ends. 


One of the things he started the week off was the bookshelves for Fulton's room. I have been wanting some fun, functional bookshelves for F's room and we found these old pallets and Matt took the challenge to make some out of them. 


So we have a fascination with tools lately. KK and Pops got him his very own Black and Decker toolbench and he loves it. He really loves to press the saw and electric screwdriver buttons. 
Anything with noise. He is learning to work the tape measure too... as long as 
he keeps it away from my waist. 


Matt's little helper was right by his side the entire time. 


Bookshelf project... complete. Completely free. Love it even more for that. Matt did a good job. Super proud of him and Fulton loves the easy access to his books. 


Another on my list was to "fancy up the faucets." That's exactly how I wrote it on the list. The left is the beautiful before. Don't be jealous. Matt has experienced several firsts lately and this was included. He had never put in a faucet, but he knows how now. He did great. Side note... I didn't think that now we must replace everything else in the bathroom that is shiny like the old faucet. Lovely idea huh?!


The last biggie of the week was getting a new dishwasher. We have been needing one for a while. No one wants to re-wash the dishes after they have gone through the washer, so we decided it was time. Pops came to the rescue to assist Matt because I was absolutely no help. I was just trying to keep Fulton out of the cleaning products. 


Since it has been a productive week, we made homemade strawberry smoothies and ate them on the backporch, under the fan, listening to the birds chirp. Ahh.. peaceful. 
Summer, please never end. 

3 comments:

Keri said...

Man you are practically half way through the list already! Love the bookshelves...such a great idea and so cute! New faucet looks great too! Can't wait to see the new dishwasher!

G K said...

Wow, you've got two handy men in your house!

I can tell from your Summer To Do list that you are an organized person and your house is always clean! Tell me I'm wrong! I need to get some lessons from you.

Glad y'all are having a good summer!

G K said...

I should add what gave it away. One item said to clean out your junk drawer. Which means you have ONE junk drawer.

Never (I mean NEVER) ask me how many "junk drawers" I have - HA!