Friday, December 14, 2012

The Decor

Today is all about Christmas decorations. I am linking up with Kelly's Korner . Our decorations are simple and not that exciting, but let me share. It's crazy because we have tubs full of Christmas decorations in our attic, I just always pick a few and put them out. I always think about the fact that I have to take them  back down and it discourages me from putting more up. I really should get over this. Here are a few of the highlights. 
We do some garland with lights around the front door and some wreaths on each of the windows. One year I really want Matt to go all out like Clark Griswald and put lights all over the house. He doesn't seem too thrilled about the idea.

I just changed the door hanger out today because Fulton's babysitter made this burlap H for us for Christmas. She is always sharing her talents with us and I love all things burlap, so this warmed my heart.

Our massive tree. We are so not cool and have a fake tree. Every year Matt wants so badly to have a real tree. Maybe one year...for now he just drools as we drive by the Boy Scout Christmas tree sales and I am trying to find some pine air freshener to help him get his fix.

This is new this year. It's our Little People Nativity Scene that Aunt Keri gave Fulton. You may notice the little guy with the blue hat, otherwise known as the cop from the Little People school bus set. No less than 24 hours after Aunt Keri brought this to buddy we misplaced one of the wisemen. Matt replaced it with the cop and he is keeping watch over the manager. Fulton loves this Nativity Scene and I think it's a great way to start talking about the true Christmas story with him.

And the stockings were hung by the chimney. Speaking of chimney, we love a good wood burning fire, but our little guy would love to stick his hands in it too, so no fires this year.  I ordered us these new stockings last year and love them... Harley really needs a matching one too, poor guy.

Last, our Christmas cards. We have always had this Christmas card holder that had pockets and you had to pull the cards out to see them. I wanted something where we could see all of them displayed better. Saw this on Pinterest and tried to recreate. Doesn't look as cute as the original on there, but I have all of 10 dollars invested in it, so it will do for now. On a random side note. I love Christmas cards. Love them so much and love opening them so much that if Matt gets the mail he leaves them all for me to open because he knows how giddy I get. Fulton is enjoying them too and we point to the people and talk about who they are. Here's the confessional part... we have had our Christmas decorations up for nearly a month now. Love it!

5 comments:

Marla said...

Ha! So funny that we are the same as far as not taking out too many decorations because we have to put them all up! I love your big fake tree! We did a real tree this year and I'm not sure what all the hype is about? ;) Love the card holder!

Momma said...

We will have to go together to get a real tree next year! You MUST go to a real farm not just a parking lot. We went with the Shaw's and Murry's in the past. The place we go is about an hour away but so worth it. it's the whole experience. Maybe Fulton will be up for it in a year or two.

Keri said...

Steven lets me open the Christmas cards too and he always gets the mail! Aren't they so nice to let us do this?
Love all of your Christmas stuff! Glad Fulton is enjoying the nativity.

Jessica said...

Brent finally let me get a real Christmas tree this year and it is no nice. Everyone needs to have a real Christmas tree one time. Next year let Matt pick the tree. I am sure next year we will have a fake one though too many pine needles.

G K said...

Can you believe we've never had a real tree? Not even when I growing up. Something tells me I'm missing something.

That police officer in the nativity scene is cracking me up. For the record, his name is Carlos. We have that same figurine. He came with our Little People bus. :-)

Thanks for the Christmas card! Ours are scheduled to be on my doorstep today (finally!), so I'll be sending mine out soon. Check your mail in a few days! :-)