Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our Very First Luau

Sunday afternoon Fulton had his end of the year pool party with his friends at "school." We came straight home from church, tried to nap, and got ready for the festivities. 

 Little squirt was pumped, even put his first pair of flip flops on for the fun.

 Our little fam poolside.
This does look kind of sad... like we didn't let our bambino swim, but the water really was too cold, so we sat in the shade and took it all in on the sidelines. He was mesmerized. He wouldn't take his eyes off his buddies splishing and splashing around. School isn't officially over yet and the littles still have a "water day" in a few days, so maybe I will lather him up with sunscreen and let him enjoy it. 

 You know how I said he didn't take his eyes off his friends... that was until he saw the cook walk by with a tray full of hotdogs straight from the grill. He was drooling.

 It was a luau. They outdid themselves. It was decorated so cute. We are so so blessed to have Fulton stay where he does... Mrs. V is so good to these kids.

 This was the littles table. Maybe Fulton can sit there next year. But really next year we will probably be chasing him around the room.

 F loves him some Mrs V!

No luau would be complete without your very own grass skirt. He was getting into it. 

 And a ukulele. We had to pry it out of his hands when it was time to go.

 It was a sweet time of festivities with his buddies and I would say he was worn out, you think? He crashed before we made it out of the neighborhood. Fun times!


4 comments:

The Lindsey Family said...

Hi! I am dropping by for a return visit (you were so kind to visit my blog). We are in Birmingham also. Hello, neighbor! So nice to meet you!

I am LOVING little Fulton's flip flops. I had not even thought about flip flops for my little guy. You have a lovely family, and I'll be sure to stop by often.

Keri said...

What a fun party! Can't wait to get that little guy in the lake...we are going to have so much fun this year! Love the grass skirt too!

Jessica said...

Go ahead and buy the swimming diapers. He is going to love the water!!! You know I grew up on the lake but I don't know if I would put him in the lake water yet. Try the pool. I guess it makes me feel better becuase you can see the bottom.

Lauren Borquez said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from Kelly's Korner. Feel free to follow me as well :)
www.BeingBorquez.blogspot.com