Monday, May 14, 2012

First Mother's Day

Our first Mother's Day was such a blessing. Humor me and let me share.... 
Let me just say how awesome my hubby is. He has such a servant's heart. He got up early and made homemade waffles and brought me breakfast in bed. He knows the way to my heart.
And then my two boys came bearing gifts. Fulton was proud of his and didn't want to let it go.
This is what he made for me at school. It says "I love you because..." and you can write with the dry erase marker to finish the sentence. And it has his sweet little handprint in it. He was proud.
We got ready for church, and snapped a quick picture before leaving.
We came home from church, took some wonderful naps, and I woke up to more sweetness from my boys. Matt is a sneaky little one. We had Fulton's 6 month pictures taken several weeks ago and hadn't gotten the proofs back yet... so he called our photographer and got one early and had it framed for me. I was so excited. And... look at this other cuteness he did. He had Fulton's name spelled out in this frame. I have always wanted one of this. He did good.
Later in the afternoon, the fam came over to play.
Sister made a delicious meal for all of us to enjoy.
Fulton did some loving on everyone. He is a trooper being passed around the table for photo ops.
And the girls.
Mom enjoyed opening her Mother's Day prizes too. Sister got her this fun cover for her phone. She loved it.
And Sister got me this sweet necklace with an F engraved on it. Love it!
It was a fun, jam packed day and I am so blessed to be able to experience this journey called motherhood. I often wonder why the Lord allowed Matt and I to experience such pure joy in raising His child. I just pray I can be molded and shaped into the woman of God He wants me to be. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Keri said...

So glad you had a great first Mother's Day! Love the cute pictures from your boys!