Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Cuisine

We have taken on a new adventure in our home. Solids. Hooray!!
Last week we started with those fabulous sweet potatoes that momma made. Here we are all happy and excited to try this new cuisine.
Still happy... not sure what's going on or what this orange stuff is dripping down his belly.
Then he decides no more. Uggh... these are gross. I guess he gets it from his momma. I dislike, in a great great way, sweet potatoes. Doesn't matter how you make them. Matt really wanted to make me a sweet potato last year and he knew I would just fall in love with it. I ate the brown sugar off the top and gagged at the rest.




We took a break from food and tried on some hats that Fulton's friend Jackson gave him. I think we will have to wait until next year to wear these, since we are nearly breaking out the flip flops with this warm weather.






A few nights later we tried sweet potatoes again... look at this face. My goodness. We took a break from those because I had a brief hospital visit with a not so friendly visitor in my body which most of you know as a kidney stone. All I can say is awful, simply awful. Anyways, back to the food.






This week we tried peas. So proud of myself for making these too.... but unfortunately we had the same reaction. My heart is broken.




I mean if that isn't a look of disgust. He actually gagged this time. Great, my kid is going to go to kindergarten drinking milk from a bottle.
He really is looking at Matt like please please don't make me try that nasty stuff anymore. Guess who else doesn't like peas... me. I know you are thinking, geeze do you like anything healthy.
All done.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Aww, those pitiful faces...you would think you were torturing him!
Uncle Pete says peas are yucky too! Keep pushing them, maybe he'll have a change of heart :)
I can't wait to come over and feed him soon!!

Rebecca said...

He will get to like them. I promise! Miller never liked peas or beans that I made though. I guess I never got them fine enough. Let him make a mess with them and then he will LOVE food.

Kathy Jo said...

HA HA!!! Those pictures and comments are GREAT!!!!!

Kathy Jo

Unknown said...

Love those faces! Hilarious!