Monday, March 5, 2012

Busy Busy

It was a busy and fun weekend. Friday our weekend got started early thanks to an early dismissal for a potential bad weather threat... thankfully it ended up being nothing around here. It gave me a chance to hit up 2 good consignment sales and scored some fun stuff for little man. Saturday morning little man woke up and was ready to play. He had a really good night's sleep, which in turn meant we all slept good. Thank you Lord!



His mood turned quickly when I told him he was going with Aunt Keri and I to Cottontails. We spent the good part of the day there and found some really cute stuff. He was such a good shopper too and just oohed and ahhed at all the ladies. My favorite booth was the homemade pimento cheese (which I purchased) and right next to it was the red velvet cake samples. Geeze I am a sucker for this kind of stuff.


We got back home and we were both in desperate need of a nap. We had a small group get together in just a few hours and it wasn't going to be pretty if someone didn't get some rest (really I mean both of us). I snuggled up with little man and we both tried to snooze in the big bed. Unfortunately, I could not let myself fall asleep. Let me make a little confession here. When I lay down to take a nap but never fall asleep but just get really sleepy and then get up... well, it is not pretty. Seriously, I wake up in an awful horrible ugly mood. This happened again on Saturday....poor Matt usually gets the worst of this mood. So, we both decided these "lay down but don't go to sleep things" are not good for me.




This little traveler didn't want to get up either, but we had to get going.




Sunday was fun filled with an afternoon at mom and dad's because mom was hosting a bridal tea for some long time friends. Sister and I went for moral support and I did end up helping serve the punch. I really just did it so I could be closer to the food table. After the tea we met up with the boys for some mexican food.



Fulton is loving some cell phones. He takes advantage of KK and Aunt Keri's phones when they are around since his non-techno savvy parents don't have nice phones. We pretty much still carry the Zack Morris phone if you know which one I am referring to. So, it was a good jam packed weekend.

5 comments:

Keri said...

What a big smile in that first picture...and a nose pick in the second one!

Kathy Jo said...

I think you guys usually have a busy, busy weekend!!! It was so great to see you and spend time catching up with you and Keri yesterday!!! The food table needed supervising and I think we did a great job!! Wish Little Fulton would have been there... :(

Kathy Jo

Rachel Mooney said...

Fun! Don't worry, I just tell people I still have a "dumb phone" :).

The Tucks said...

Fulton's hair is getting lighter! I wanted to go to the consignment sales too, but I didn't have time this weekend.

tetra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.