Friday, March 16, 2012

I Really Did This

I don't think I ever shared this beautiful masterpiece that I created in our guest bedroom closet. No it's not a crime scene you are seeing, it's actually multiple bottles of spilled nail polish.

This happened 2 days before Fulton was born. I really wanted to paint my toenails because I knew little buddy was due soon and I wanted to have pretty toes for delivery. I keep all my nail polishes in this plastic tub up on the shelf in the guest bedroom closet. I went to pull the tub down and it slipped and the top fell off and several bottles crashed on top of each other and broke. Yikes. I really just stood there and looked at it for a couple of seconds because I couldn't believe what had happened. Matt was at football practice, so I quickly called my mom to see if there was anything I could do. She told me to get nail polish remover. I tried to explain that I would need a couple gallons because this was a big big mess. I got to work trying to pick up the glass and clean the mess as best I could before the hubby came home. My hands were stained pink when he walked in and the first thing I said was, something really bad happened in there, and I pointed to the bedroom. Thankfully, I was 9 months pregnant and he had sympathy on me. By the way, I never got those toenails painted before I went into labor.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Oh, how I remember this phone call quite vividly! You were so serious that Matt was going to kill you! I could have sworn you were in labor the way you were talking on the phone. I will say what a way to create a diversion so Matt would forget about it...just go into labor!!

The Tucks said...

At least you can close the closet door!!! :)

G K said...

Totally looks like something I would do. Not sure DK would have shown me any sympathy, though -- pregnant or not! :)