Monday, May 30, 2011

Lake Weekend

We spent the weekend celebrating Memorial Day at the lake. What absolutely gorgeous weather we had. The last few years it has rained all weekend on Memorial Day, but this year it was beautiful. Sweet friends Drew and Whitney were able to come and enjoy some fun with us.


The water was still a little chilly, but it was manageable with this massive float I bought for the summer. It is a little crazy looking.. it's like a rocking chair or something. But it worked good. Everyone made fun of it, but they will probably want to borrow it.


Sister and me. Taking pictures in swimsuits is definitely not my favorite thing to do these days.. I mean, it never was.... but especially now that I am a two ton tessie. If only I could stay away from the dill pickle chips.



Sunday during the day I managed to take zero pictures. We had lots of company and lots of fellowship, but I was a little pooped out from the day before. I had to cash it in early after lunch and miss the afternoon fun. We did enjoy a little sunset dinner on the porch.


While Dad worked... that man (and my mom) are always working working to make the lake such a nice place for us all to enjoy.



We enjoyed this nice sunset before gearing up for a little campfire fun... I know, you are on the edge of your seat for this one.




Me and Pops in our matching Zeta shirts.. still gotta support that sorority that they gave so much money to years ago.


Here's the fun part...So dad built this fire pit (mental creation of mom), matt helped finish it off, and all the guys were dying to build a fire in it. Really?! It's like 90 degrees... but Steven and Matt made a special trip out that morning to get all the fixins for smores.


Sister and hubby. Now, if I am remembering correctly sister said she had never had a smore and didn't really know how to make one. This was the perfect opportunity for me to demonstrate to everyone how to make the perfect smore.


Can't forget the best part.. the chocolate. I knew they should have bought the economy box... we went through these bars fast.



All the fam enjoying the fire. Matt managed to ruin all the wire hangers in the house so we could have the perfect mellow roasters.



Sister decided she had had enough and decided to watch the rest from the porch. If only we had the guitar and could have sang some songs... there's always next time. Fun weekend with friends and family!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

You just kill me getting all of your pictures posted so quickly! Maybe I can get mine posted before the 4th of July! Fun weekend on the lake!