Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fun Week

Last week we headed home from the lake, stopped for a second at the house and then packed it back up and headed to the beach. Our sweet friends, Charlie and Erin, came with us and we had such a great time with them. The next day we were out in the sand bright and early ready to soak up some rays.




Sweet Charlie and Erin. They didn't realize they were with some hard core beachers... Matt set up our camp for the day, complete with 4 umbrellas, one for every person.



I tried to get in the ocean a little, but the waves were out of control and knocking me down. Big fat pregnant girl falling in the waves= not very attractive.






We cleaned up and headed to Tacky Jacks for dinner. I had some delicious shrimp and grits... yum yum!



After dinner we went by the Wharf and the guys were very patient while Erin and I went in a few shops.. or maybe we went in every shop that was open.




You can't go to the Wharf and not look and gaze at all these amazing boats.




One quick photo of Erin and me before we went for dippin dots. Every time I eat those I think.. why didn't I invent these things?




The next night we had dinner at Desoto's and then Erin had an itch to play some mini golf... but before we could do that I made everyone stop in the game room for some skee ball.





I LOVE playing skee ball. I seriously want one of these in our house. I would practice all the time. I remember many years going to the beach when we were younger with the fam and we would go play skee ball. My poor dad probably had to keep shelling out the quarters for me because I wasn't very good.. but was determined to win tickets to get some plastic spider ring that you could probably buy at the dollar tree.



And then it was time for mini golf. I cannot remember the last time I played mini golf... but everyone actually shot a hole in one at some point, so I guess I still got it!




Erin is a hard core golfer... and concentrates really hard when she plays, can't you tell?




And it's a good thing we played golf the night before, because the guys went for real the next day. They sweat on the course while Erin and I hit up the outlets.




We all met back up for an afternoon at the pool... I can see myself spending a lot of time in the water this summer. It was very hot



We spent our last night's dinner at the Oyster House and Matt entertained us with pictures in the scuba diver cut out. He had to wait in line with the other kids.





Too bad Erin isn't looking at the camera... but it's on the only one of the 4 of us from the night. We kept trying to scope out a good person who looked like they could take the picture.. we finally interrupted this older man sharing war stories with his friend. Bad choice, I guess?!




One last stroll on the beach before dark. It was a beautiful night!




Of course we took Harley out for a little play time. He loves the beach, as usual... and came back in covered in sand. We had a great week with friends!


2 comments:

Keri said...

Looks like a fun beach trip!
Can't wait to see what all you bought at the outlets :)

G K said...

Fun pics, Kristen!! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!