Sunday, November 14, 2010

Flashback Friday

I know... it's Sunday, but Flashback Sunday just didn't sound right. The weekend has been busy with football Friday night, AL game Saturday, so just go with it. Sometimes I just love to sit down and go through old pictures and laugh. I found some good ones for you this time. This was from college. This is me (left) and my little sister in my sorority, my best friend in college and her little sister. We all dressed up like KISS for Halloween. Before you say anything, you avid KISS lovers, I know... we painted our faces the same thing, but the star was the easiest. And just for added fun don't be jealous of that plywood TV cabinet in the background. This was my apartment in college...sweeeet... and that puppy went over the balcony and into a million pieces when I finally moved out my senior year.

Changing gears completely this photo will take you to Matt's 21st birthday. Oh what a day! We celebrated at the lake as usual and my mema was in charge of getting the cake. This is what she came back with. Matt's face was priceless!! Gotta love a man in a speedo with blue roses around him. I really think they took some 80 year old birthday cake and put some risky figure on it to spice it up. This was just a few weeks before we got married... I thought Matt may make a run for it after this happened.

Why not pose for a photo with these raunchy figurines....Let me tell you something good... my dad got a cake for his birthday about 25 years ago almost just like this except his guy had on a red speedo... and I believe it was from my mema too. She's a wild woman.


And this is kickin back ole ole school. This is my 11th birthday party and we had just moved to a new area, which means new school. Did I really think I was going to make friends by having this kind of party!? But boy did I love being the bride... and I made all my friends dress up as the bridesmaids. Sister really wanted to wear this dress for her recent wedding, but it had a stain on it.



2 comments:

Keri said...

Ok, I have a lot to say about these pictures!
This KISS photos are classic...how many times did you girls dress up like them?
How can we forget the speedo b'day cake...leave it up to Mema to get a cake like that. Do you still have that man, we could use that on Dad's b'day cake!!
The wedding b'day party...I am pretty sure I was not home this particular night, so I missed the wedding...sad, I know. Do you not have a picture of you and all of your bridesmaid's...to see the variety of bridesmaid's dresses that were worn! And I do appreciate your offer on letting me wear your dress in my wedding, even though it probably wouldn't have fit over my big toe!

Our Little Flock: said...

Kristen how much do I love you!!! I can always count on you for a good laugh on your blog. Seriously my friend, you are one comical lady. I just love it and love you!