Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Favorite Room

This week at Kelly's Korner- Show us your life, it's all about extra rooms... and your favorite rooms. And this has to be my favorite space of our house... our screened in porch. I am way late on this, but yesterday was filled with putting up the Christmas decorations... and boy was that fun. I love love love this outdoor space. We just had this porch put in back in the Spring, so we are just starting to fully enjoy its benefits. I am sort of in a routine... every day after I walk, I sit out here and read. It is so relaxing. We are so blessed to have this space. We got this furniture for an awesome deal plus a coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond. See that crooked broken pot in the corner, got that sucker for 25 cents. My mom has some creative ideas for what to do with that. Matt kept questioning me on why I bought a broken pot, I mean come on, it's a quarter.



We love to eat out here too. During football season there aren't many nights we actually get to eat together, but when we can, we take it outdoors. Our dear friends, Jerry and Wanda, who moved to Texas gave us that table and chairs set. They were moving and couldn't fit it in the trailer and we just happened to be standing there. Worked out good for us!


And look who else loves the porch. Since, the Harley man is like our child, we can call this his room. Seriously, this guy is a mess. We leave the door open a lot and he just roams in and out and loves to lay in the sun. He likes it warm...after all, he is from Mexico. It's almost Thanksgiving... which means no school-- Hip Hip Hooray!



3 comments:

Edna said...

I'm envious=) I hope we had this kind of porch.

Keri said...

Love the porch! Anxious to see what Mom has in store for the broken pot!

Shoshanah said...

I totally see why it's your favorite room! If I had a porch like that it would be my favorite too