Sunday, April 25, 2010

Randomness

Here's a random rundown of the last few days. Friday night we had a girl's night at the movies and saw "The Last Song." Have you seen it?? It is so sad... I had to eat a hot dog when I got home to cheer me up. Let me pump up the hubs for a minute. This rockstar cleaned the entire house while I was gone friday night. He is the bomb!! Saturday was a mess! It rained all day, complete with massive thunderstorms and all....here's a few things from that day.... we did make a quick run to the ole postal office to put an important piece of mail into the big blue box... we paid off my car. Yippy skippy. We bought my car exactly 2 years ago... and intended to pay this booger off sooner... but I guess I made too many trips to the mall instead.
and we did a little snoozing too. Look at this Stinky McStink... he is such a lounger. What a life!

Today after church we went to eat with several couples from our class.. Asher is the closest thing I have to a child or nephew or any little person in my life... and he loves some cheetos. After that Whitney, Hope and I did a little shopping....we tried on handfuls of dresses and kept the dressing rooms occupied for a while. We at least came out with something, so it wasn't a wasted trip. From there Hope and I went to our VBS meeting where we will soon be teaching first graders... how do I get myself involved in these things?? The theme is Wild Wild West.. I can't wait to get my costume.


and the highlight of our life recently.... no we didn't win the Ed McMann sweepstakes... but we did pass our comps!! Hooray for that!! We have officially passed our comprehensive exams and are one step closer to graduating. I just hope they spell my name right on that diploma.



7 comments:

Keri said...

Hooray for paying off your car and for passing your comps...two very great accomplishments! Congrats!
Where's the picture of what you bought today? I want to see it!

Jen said...

When I saw you brought your camera to the post office I immediately started laughing! But then I realized you were paying your car off and yes. . . that certainly deserves some picture taking!!!!! Go you and Matt!!! And congrats on passing your comps!!!! What a great weekend for ya'll!

Christie said...

Congrats for paying off the car and for passing your comps! Love that pic of Matt!!!

Paige said...

Passing comps, paying off the car, and cheetoes...its doesn;t get much better!!! Congrats!!!

G K said...

Paying off your car and finding out you passed your comps -- a weekend full of accomplishments! Congrats!!

The Hanscomes said...

What an awesome weekend! :) Sorry we missed lunch with you guys Sunday. Sounds like you had fun! And big congrats to paying off the car! And passing your comps!!!! AWESOME!

The Rumage's said...

Comps and car in the same weekend?! WOW!

Just be careful...shortly after comps, I found out I was pregnant...apparently it was a side-effect! hehe