Monday, April 19, 2010

Cowbells And Wedding Bells

Friday we headed to the lake to do a little work for the summer. See, you have to work before you can play. But we did do a little playing on the tractor. This here is a Kubota... don't you buy no ugly tractor. Dad and Matt just had too much fun on this thing.
Matt was just insistent that I learn how to drive this tractor. Here's just another thing I can put on my resume now. I finally learned to drive this honker.

The color totally clashes with my t-shirt though. It was an adventure and you know how I am trying to be more adventurous... so I guess I can add it to the list.


Late afternoon we cleaned the grease behind our ears and put on our best and headed to a wedding for our friends Lacey and Jason. We didn't quite time it very well and skidded into the parking lot on two wheels and were the last ones seated before the wedding party came in. Nothing like meeting the bride in the parking lot because you are so late.




Me, Lacey, and Chrissy. And there is the groom in the left corner. It was such a sweet ceremony and these MS State grads had their reception decked out in maroon and white, complete with cowbells and all. I guess it kept with my farming theme for the day.



5 comments:

Rachel Mooney said...

Ha Mississippi State and farm theme...I'm going to tell Asher on you!

Keri said...

I really hate that I missed seeing you on the tractor! Glad you are learning all this new stuff...never know when this might come in handy.
I can't believe their reception was all MSU stuff and not about the weather...wouldnt that have made for a fun theme!

Paige said...

Go State....Go State!!! Surprise to see there are more of us our there that are willing to admit it!!! Looks like you had fun. Tractor driving is always good to have on the resume!

The Ness Story said...

girl you are so funny! your friend was such a beautiful bride! I am in love with her headband!!!

Jen said...

Girl you are adventurous! I think I need to steal some of that adventurous-ness from you! ha!