Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Exhausted

Today, I can barely move. Literally I am having trouble walking, every muscle in my body feels like I was hit by a train. But it was all for serving others and showing Christ's love. Yesterday we worked with some couples from our small group to re-roof a house for a lady and her family. When we arrived, I thought this can't be that bad. I really thought I would be sitting on the cooler most of the day, just chatting with the girls. I couldn't have been more wrong. Rachel, me, Whitney, and Hope. This was one of our mini breaks that we took. The first part of our day consisted off shoveling the old shingles into the wheel barrel, around the house, and into the dumpster. Not that bad huh?? Well, when there are 4 layers of roofing to shovel up and a million piles, they were endless. This was straight up manual labor.
A few snapshots throughout the day. Mid-afternoon we began to get a little worried that we weren't going to finish. People began to leave and it was down to just a few of us. The guys ordered the girls up on the roof to help nail down this paper stuff. This was a first for me. But after a few scoots around on my bottom because I was too scared to stand up, I was an old pro.


And the six that remain. The Crockers, Warrens, and Howards finished strong. When it was all through, we had worked 12 straight hours on this roof yesterday. The guys worked even longer, because they started Friday.

Guess who even stopped by to help?? They felt sorry for us because we were so short handed and mom and dad came to the rescue. They were a huge help and helped us finish strong.



And this man rocks!! Matt worked incredibly hard for 2 days on this project and we practically had to beg him to come off the roof just to eat lunch. It was an insanely long and truly exhausting day, but we really had a blast doing it.




5 comments:

Keri said...

Man, what a long day you had yesterday! Sorry we weren't able to help...wish we could have. Glad you know about roofing now...if I ever need a new roof, I will know who to call!

Christie said...

Wow! I'm impressed!!! You and Matt are so giving and selfless!

G K said...

You guys are amazing and so very sweet! Hope your achy muscles get to feeling better! I'm sure it's all worth it knowing you helped someone out. :)

Rachel Mooney said...

Nathan should have brough the sore muscle stuff he was going to bring the guys for dodge ball.

Heather, David and Delaney! said...

WOW!! that is some dedication! It is so great to be able to help someone in need and i'm sure they appreciated it so much.. Thats awesome!