Sunday, February 21, 2010

My New Friend

Let me tell you about my new friend Bissell. Matt and I had to make this little purchase a few weeks ago when "Bissel The Original" just wasn't getting the job done anymore. The original Bissell I had got when I was in college, so that little puppy was sucking on its last leg. I will admit that I truly love to clean... I would probably be what you "Slightly Obsessive Compulsive" when it comes to things being clean.... so why not have the necessary tools to do it. Now, I had my eye on this beautiful Dyson for a few weeks when I caught myself stuck on the HSN channel, but just couldn't justify spending that much...yet.. maybe one day. So this little maroon "Bissell The Second" will have to do for now. One of my favorite features is that you can change it from carpet to bare floors.. no need to get that old broom out again.
And the last 2 features I will share with you... and I have saved the best for last. The tall and awkward handle folds down for easy storage... and... are you ready for this.. the cord is retractable. I have been missing out on so much.
Now, let's change gears a bit for what you could call "Adventures in Babysitting." Matt and I babysat this weekend for our dear friends Hope and Nathan's precious little boys. When we got there we thought.. we can totally do this.. how bad can this be?
Little Ian... all smiles... until the major and I mean major blowout that occurred resulting in a complete outfit change, water hose, and rubber gloves. We will just say that the little stinker is fully cleaned out now. We made it through that and thought.. ok got that over with... it's all downhill from here.


And precious little Asher playing with Matt. Now Asher is such a good little boy. Always well behaved, loves on you, and is super polite. Let me set the scene for you... the three of us are sitting on the couch watching a little cartoon.. got our jammies on, cuddling with our blankie (not me and matt.. but asher) when all the sudden out of nowhere comes the spew from the belly... not just once, twice, but three full fledged spews right on the couch. This is the part where I jump up, slightly scream, throw up in my mouth and think "Is this really happening?" To spare you the rest of the details.. it didn't stop there.
Matt gets the all time Best Husband Award and Best Babysitter Award. I am telling you that I absolutely am HORRIBLE when it comes to smells. I have the best super sonic smeller in the world and sometimes that is not a good thing.. in this case... it caused me to not be able to help very much. Anyways, we feel it was truly a test from the Lord to see if we could ever handle children... yikes...



8 comments:

Keri said...

I'm still laughing from when you told me about this yesterday!! I had to share the story with a few others too!
Glad to know that Matt is ready for fatherhood...and I am sure you aren't too far behind him from being ready for mommyhood.
Oh, and congrats on the new vacuum! If you really want to give that puppy a true test, come try it out on my floors! I'll leave the door unlocked for you and the bissell.

Paige said...

I laughed out loud at the diaper. I still cringed...and its my own child!!

Christie said...

HILARIOUS!!! So impressed at Matt handling the situation! That sounds like me and Brigg! I so would have made him clean it up because I would have been puking in the bathroom!

G K said...

OF COURSE this happens when you babysit! LOL @ the two incidents. I remember the very first time Morgan had a blowout -- it was one morning as we were getting ready to leave for work and daycare of course! All I could do was laugh. And don't worry -- you guys will be great parents. Danny and I had NO baby/kid experience whatsoever when we had Morgan, and I think we're doing a decent job -- blowouts and all!

Fun, fun at your new vacuum! I bought a new one back in May, and I blogged about it! I remember thinking, "Man, you're officially grown when you buy yourself a vacuum cleaner as a present!" Ha! Have fun with your new toy!

The Tucks said...

I never thought i would be interested in a vacuum cleaner, but once you get married these things are so much more important!
Very cool Vacuum. I like the retractable cord!!

The Hanscomes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hanscomes said...

Hilarious Kristen. I can really just picture it... and boy what fun that must have been. :) Great training for the future!!!!

Hope said...

Hehehehehe...and you thought having kids would be a piece of cake!!! I am joking...you guys are the best. We love you so much and so do Asher and Ian. I promise not it's not like that all the time!!!