Saturday, December 19, 2009

Some Visitors

Here are some things that happened the week of Thanksgiving, but I never got around to posting... but these are very important things. We had a few visitors that week that I failed to mention.

I walk outside on the front porch to do something and I feel like I have stepped on something... and out of the corner of my eye it doesn't seem like it's a leaf or anything. I look down and look what I was standing on. No exaggeration here.... I am standing on this snake. I scream (very loudly) and since sometimes I am prone to be a little dramatic I didn't think hubby would come running real quick... I didn't want to open the door because this precious little amphibian was on the mat (very close to the house). So I reach over and bang on the door for him to come... and to the rescue matt comes and takes care of the little fellow. This here is what you call a teenager snake... wouldn't classify it as an adult or a baby... somewhere in the middle--like a teenager. Whatever it is, it wasn't welcome here!!
Now on to more happy visitors. Our dear precious friends, Matt and Celeste, have moved to St. Louis (formerly living in New Orleans) and were passing through town on their way back home. We were so excited to get to see them for a brief, but fun visit!! This precious couple is dear to us and will be having a baby boy in the Spring. Aunt Kristen and Uncle Matt are so excited for them!!!

And here are the two Matts...they have been friends since high school and I am so glad we have stayed in touch with them...through all their moves and ours!



4 comments:

Keri said...

I would have freaked out if I had seen a snake in front of my door like that! I just pray this day never comes! Glad Matt was there to take care of this.

Jen said...

I love how your snake is on the "believe" mat. I would believe that it would be dead after I took a stomping to it. Ugggh!

The Rumage's said...

I honestly believe I would have had a heart attack if that happened to me. I am SO afraid of snakes! I would never be able to step onto the porch again!

Christie said...

Oh my gosh! I would have passed out cold right there and that snake would have been able to slither all over me! YUCK! I am petrified of snakes. Thanks so much for giving me nightmares tonight!!!