Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Savior Is Born

I hope you had a blessed Christmas day with your family. The older I get the more I realize how wrapped up you can get in the presents, the decorations, the festivities... and forget that there would be no death on the cross for our sins, without the day of our Savior being born. Think about this scripture:

...but the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news of great joy for everyone! The Savior-yes, the Messiah, the Lord--has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David! Luke 2:10-11
The scripture goes on in verse 34 to say...."This child will be rejected by many in Israel...but He will be the greatest joy to many others." I pray you have that joy this day. Nothing else (no presents, children, friends, family) can give us the joy that Christ can!!

We finally decided to use our fireplace. Matt has been itching to make a fire since the first hint of winter. It's got the 'worn in' look now. Awesome fire Matt!!
We were blessed to have the opportunity to visit Matt's family in Oxford on Christmas Eve. When I say family I mean family!! For being an only child this kiddo has a ton of family. Lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, and babies!! It was great to visit with all of them.


And Christmas morning with my family!! All smiles and ready to open gifts!

A few gift opening pictures. Sister gave mom and I cute houndstooth bags. And then mom gave sister and I fun market totes. I have been wanting one of these!! Bottom right was Matt's gift from me. He has been dying to start collecting AL prints to put in our "Alabama Room" as he calls it. We were actually at this game.. so that makes it fun!!



And then it was off to Grandma's house for a visit with her. She really enjoyed us coming over and we were so thankful to be able to see her. It was a great Christmas spent with family!!




2 comments:

Keri said...

Man, I gotta get busy on my pictures and post!
Great re-cap of our Christmas festivities and LOVE the new header! So cute!!

Christie said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I love the picture in your blog header!