Monday, December 14, 2009

Early Christmas With Family

As I said earlier, this weekend we had Christmas with my mom's side of the family. We started the Saturday off with an exciting trip to Belk, Wal-Mart and good ole Chick-fil-A (see cow below). We don't want to overexcite ourselves. We had a delicious meal Saturday night (that I appreciate so much more now that I have done this by myself) complete with crackers. This is a bit of a tradition for our family to pop these "English Crackers" before eating and you wear your paper crown as you eat. Well, somehow the crackers were forgotten this year... but no fear mom can improvise for anything. Mom and dad made their own version of these!! I was impressed.
And the ladies had our annual ornament swap and a little gift opening later... the men all had their new ties from mema. It was a great weekend getting to fellowship with family and we enjoyed spending time with everyone. Fun times with the fam!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

The picture of the boys in their ties cracks me up!! I hope Mema didn't get her feeling hurt by us laughing :)