Sunday, October 4, 2009

Backyard Project

Friday night we played Spain Park and it was quite a game. Mom and Dad came to support and they got their money's worth--actually they got in free, but you know what I mean. We stunk the first half and actually went into half time 21-0 LOSING! We came back to win 24-21. Matt had to give mom and dad the play by play afterwards. Woohoo! Now on to the big project for the weekend. We left our firepit in Oxford when we sold our house so we were eager to get a new one. We finally found one and have started a patio area for it in the backyard. Matt was so into this project and I said what can I do? (Never should have asked that.. I was enjoying laying in the hammock more than what he gave me to do). We had the slat that the stone came on and Matt handed me the axe and told me to start chopping it up. Sounds a lot easier than it really was. Safety first--must put the goggles on because wood was flying everywhere. So here's a little before picture and hopefully soon....very soon.. we will have some after pictures.


3 comments:

Keri said...

I hate that I missed the game! I listened to the majority of it on the radio while I was in the kitchen cooking...felt like I was in the 1950's...the only thing that I was missing was my apron.
Congrats to the Bucs!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you putting your muscles into hitting that slate. Can't wait to see the "after" pictures. I bet it looks fantastic.

Christie said...

Can't wait to see the "after picture." Love those goggles!!!