Sunday, June 21, 2009

Party At The Lake

This weekend we went to the lake and our friends Jason and Kristin came for some fun. Poor Kristin does not like to swim in water that she can't see the bottom of and Jason gets a little sea sick sometimes... but other than that it was a great time!!! Now for the party... well, the ole birthday is coming up so we did a little early celebration party. I think you should have a "birthday week"--so let the celebrations begin! Matt cooked up this Luau party for me and got mom and keri involved and they threw me a surprise Luau. How fun!!! I woke up Saturday morning to some music and I just swore I was in Hawaii (reminded me of that episode on Saved By The Bell where they go to the Hawaiian Hideway.. you know Kelly's grandfather's hotel in Hawaii...) but then I came back to reality. But they made it look very close!!

Matt worked so hard on my party and even got me this lovely outfit below. Grass skirt and all!! And we can't forget the yum yum oreo ice cream cake. That was something good!! Keri made a fabulous punch that we drank out of real coconut cups that mom got. We even had grilled pineapple on Hawaiian chicken. They all did so much for my party and I loved it!! Fun weekend!!


PS--sister put the numbers backwards--really I am not 72--I know you were wondering.



2 comments:

Keri said...

Man, I am looking quite nice in those pictures! Nothing like coming right out of the sun with sweat pouring off you to inside and having your picture made! Lots of cute pics from the weekend...don't think I took as many.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like a great party. You would fit right in out in the state of Hawaii! :)