Friday, March 20, 2009

Oak Mountain

Wednesday we went to Oak Mountain for the day. We took our bikes and as you can tell I am a little out of shape. Or a lot out of shape. If only we had one of those 2 seaters where I could just ride in the back and not have to do anything. We came across this BMX track out there and let me just set the scene for you. So here we are... and Matt takes off to the top of it and doesn't think twice about going down. I on the other hand stand by the fence for a bit just soaking it in. Then finally I get the nerve to try. Well, it took me several minutes and several 3 and 4 year olds passing by me but I finally did it. This little 4 year old boy was giving me advice on what to do..training wheels and all. I didn't have my knee pads and helmet on. Yikes!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Glad there were some others kiddos there that convinced you to ride on the track. Looks like fun!!

Unknown said...

Whatever! You know you have been secretly training for the X-Games! You just don't want to make Matt look bad with his "wheelie"!

Jen said...

Haha, I'm glad that kiddo could teach you a thing or too. ;)Doesn't it make you feel old when little kids feel the need to stop and give you advice? It looks like ya'll had a blast!

The Rumage's said...

Ya'll could make watching paint dry a fun activity!
Keep up the work...I forsee an X-Games gold medal in your future!