Saturday, January 3, 2009

Visit With Friends in New Orleans

We decided to go down to New Orleans a day before the Sugar Bowl to visit our dear friends, Matt and Celeste. We love us some Flummers!! They moved to New Orleans last year for Matt to go to seminary and we miss them so much. They took us around the city and down to the famous French Quarter. My Matt forgot his beads so it wasn't near as fun as it would have been. We stopped at Cafe Du Monde' for coffee and beignets--Matt definitely got his money's worth because he left with powdered sugar in his hair. I didn't know what a beignet was before we went here --in the words of Matt Flummer- it's a funnel cake in the shape of a pillow. Thanks Matt and Celeste for a great visit and a nice place to stay!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Matt had never had a beignet before? I'm sure he is in love now! Those things are the best!

Keri said...

My bad...it's you that hasn't had a beignet, not Matt. I thought we cultured you better than that? Glad you enjoyed your first one!!

Christie said...

I can't believe you've never had a beignet before! I have fond memories of walking down Bourbon Street when I was little with my mother's hands over my eyes but trying to always sneak peeks at what she was hiding from me and going to Cafe Du Monde for beignets and chocolate milk!