Tuesday, October 28, 2014

HallowBoween Party

The Bowen's hosted their Halloween party this past Sunday night and the
 Howard family enjoys any opportunity to dress up. 


I tried this cake at a friend's house a few weeks ago and knew I wanted to attempt to make it myself. No better chance than a good ole Halloween party. Mine wasn't near as pretty, but it tasted pretty good. My orange layer had a little more in it than the yellow, but I think you get the point. 


This was a costume party and we weren't just any old cheerleaders. We were "The Spartan Cheerleaders" from Saturday Night Live with our cute little coach in tow. Here's a little fun fact on these costumes. Matt and I hosted a costume party back in 2007 and we made these costumes. Yes, I said made. I held onto them for whatever reason and I told Matt to cross his fingers that maybe they would still fit. Hooray they did and the coach was the perfect fit for Fulton. 


We enjoyed some delicious food and some spooky treats then it was time to carve our pumpkin. 


Matt was sweating in his full body cheer outfit, so he kept it simple this year. Who would have known it was going to be 80 that day. 


It was time for awards. Say what?! Yes, they gave out awards. 


The Shaw family took home "Most Original" for their sweatin to the oldies theme. 


Drumroll please... the Howard family took home the trophy for "Best Costume," Bring out the streamers and party hats because that shiny trophy is sitting on our mantel. 


The sweet Bowen family. Loved their Frozen theme. They hosted a great party. Matt and I are still enjoying that plastic rat they sent us home with in the party favor. It just keeps appearing in all the most random places. We like to keep things interesting around here. Fun night!

1 comment:

Keri said...

What a fun party! I knew you guys would win best costume! SNL cheerleaders are the best...GO SPARTANS!