Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Puppy Love

Our family is home for a snow day today and this is my kind of snow day. One with no snow and we can get out and about. So, let's catch up over the last week or so. 


Last weekend we did a quick trip to the lake and I realized I never mentioned it. My mema got a new dog, Teddy, and he is a maltypoo. He is so cute, but a handful. Fulton and Teddy became friends quickly. 


But Fulton's number one four legged love hasn't changed. Harley is so tolerable of 
Fulton's lack of gentleness. 


We had a blast playing at the lake. We rode the four wheeler, fed the cows, visited with mema and papa, and saw all of papa's tractors. We stopped by Grandma's on the way home and the guys took on a quick afternoon job of cleaning out her gutters. 


We are trying to be so intentional with him and bathing him in the word of God. We pray together every night before putting him to bed and he actually prayed himself this week. It was pretty cool to hear what he has on his little heart. 


Friday night I worked our middle school Valentine's Dance. It was a night filled with awkward middle schoolers, watching them run around and chase each other. Please don't tell me I did this in my middle school days, but I am afraid it may be true. 


Saturday we went to an art show with the fam, which was totally not toddler appropriate and we didn't stay long. Fulton was anxious to eat. He is just like his mommy. 


We had a great day at church on Sunday learning about envy. It's not something you like to admit... hey, my name is Kristen and I am envious. But it's true... I began to examine my own heart and realized it's there more than I want to admit. Whether it's something small or something big, it's still sin and it is separating me from the Lord. Our pastor reminded us--don't focus on what you don't have, focus on what the Lord has blessed you with. 


We were itching to get outside after nap. We knew it would be a cold week and we were trying to enjoy the somewhat mild temperatures. Our sweet friends gave us a motorized John Deer gator and Fulton spent the afternoon riding that and his yellow car. We are all so ready for warmer temps so we can play outside. We just aren't indoor people... bring on Spring!

1 comment:

Keri said...

So many cute pictures in this post! Love the cowboy boots and underwear...what a combo! He and Teddy were so cute playing together and Fulton saying, "no Teddy" when he tried to jump on him!