Friday, February 28, 2014

Five on Friday

It's been a busy week and I never blogged from last weekend. Here's a quick five on Friday to recap what's been going on. 


I am hosting a shower at my house this weekend and wanted to try out a new recipe that I was going to make. Let's just say that I am glad I tried it out before the event. I made homemade doughnut holes. The first batch burned to a crisp in about 10 seconds. This was the second batch before the icing went on. I am not a grease cooking kind of gal and I don't think I will become one. I hated the way our house smelled....for days. 


Saturday we had a birthday party and these two are superheroes in training. It was a dress as your favorite superhero kind of party and Batman won out in our house. Laylee and Fulton are best buds!!


Saturday night we made our own pizza. Complete with wheat crust, turkey sausage, and turkey pepperoni. It was pretty good for these first timers. 


Sunday was our day to keep Fulton's class at church. I really do love when we get to do this. First because we are getting to serve and second because I love seeing him interact with his buddies. He usually isn't one for sitting at the table long, but he was enjoying his craft that day. 


And last.... this guy is such a joy. Despite the challenging days that we sometimes have, he is such a blessing. We just love watching him grow, learn, and soak in the love that he is surrounded by. This was before school one morning this week when we were laughing so hard we nearly cried. I love moments like these. Here's to a great Friday and fun weekend!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I absolutely hate the way bacon smells up your house and how the smell gets in your clothes! We rarely ever cook it but when we do, I always wait to take a shower after cooking :)
Love the picture of Fulton and Laylee...they are so cute together!