Saturday, December 28, 2013

Extra Long Date

Matt and I had a date... an extra long date. 


It started yesterday with a trip to the movies to see "Frozen." It was so cute. Even Matt enjoyed it. He was getting a little worried when we were waiting in line with a bunch of children under five. We never go to the movies and it's one of Matt's very favorite things to do. 


Next up...late lunch/early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Yum!! I chose the Shepard's pie, which isn't something I would normally lean towards, but it was fabulous. We were stuffed, but couldn't pass up the cheesecake. Red velvet to go please. 


KK and Pops offered to keep Fulton through the night so we found a vacancy sign and packed a bag for a night away. The hotel had an indoor pool and who could pass up a swimming adventure in the winter. I mean I could have, but Matt insisted. This is what it looks like when you go swimming in the winter and forget to bring your flip flops. 


Even though it was heated, I still thought it was cold. Matt was doing laps in no time. 


Meanwhile, this guy was having a blast (complete with Harley in the middle). 


We woke up (whenever we wanted and not the "mommy come get me" alarm clock). We had breakfast in bed and it was off to the next adventure. Bowling. 


It's been a while since we have bowled. I actually can't remember the last time. But I will say... I kicked Matt's tail. Yes, out of two games (which he won one and I won one), I had the higher score. Sweet!!! 


We worked up an appetite and had a scrumptious hamburger at Mug Shots. I don't think I had ever been there, but I really want to go back. By the way, I ate the entire thing, fries and all. Loved it. 


We did a little shopping, browsed through places we don't go often, and ended our long extended date with coffee and a cake pop. Coffee for the Mr. and the cake pop for me. We were refreshed and ready to pick up our little man. We missed him, but sure enjoyed the time with just each other. Thanks KK and Pops!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow I am so jealous! That looks like so much fun! I love Mugshots - we ate there today :)