Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Time

The past two days have been filled with food, family, and focusing on the birth of our Savior. 


It's a constant competition with the world, but we trying to do all we can to instill in Fulton what Christmas is really about. With Fulton it's all about repetition. So for weeks we have been talking about Jesus' birthday is coming up and we made sure to make him a cake. 


On Christmas Eve afternoon we headed to Matt's hometown for his Nanny's annual Christmas Eve gathering for the whole fam. What time should we be there, I always ask? Dark thirty replies his Nanny. Hmm... never have really know what time that was. 


Christmas morning was filled with excitement. Fulton had a few things laid out from us and a few things to open. We don't go all out or over the top (I know, poor pitiful Fulton right?),
 but it's all about simplicity. Trying to keep the focus.


He loves construction equipment right now and was excited about this oversized dump truck. I am ready for Spring so we can get that thing in the dirt. 


We opened a few gifts from each other. My favorite... a new electric blanket for our bed. I told Matt my heart would be content (and my body warm) if this is what he got me. He thought it was silly, but it's really all I wanted. Ours quit working this year and I have been freezing ever since. 


Matt had to go on a little scavenger hunt for one of his gifts. 


Our little family of three on Christmas morning. 


After spending some time with just the three of us, we headed over to sister's house to meet up with the rest of the family. 


Look at this delicious breakfast spread. This right here is why I wore my elastic waistband pants for breakfast. 


The fam. 


There were a few gifts exchanged. 


This little guy was about cheesed out. But he still had something fun to come. 


Remember how I said it's all about simplicity? Well, my family doesn't listen. They got Fulton a car. Let's just say I hope he is a little better in 14 years than he was yesterday. 


Here's the crew responsible for this. Fulton absolutely loved it. We had a hard time getting him off of it, but we still had one more stop to make. 


Last stop...Grandma's house. Sister made some soup and we were forced to eat again. I don't want to come near a scale. 


We enjoyed visiting with Grandma and Fulton helped her open her gifts too. He is quite the helper these days. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to our Savior. Thank you Lord for the 
gift of your Son!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

So glad we could have Christmas at our place this year. I mean, so once we have enough space so we don't have to sit in each other's laps :)
It was definitely a fun day and hope Fulton enjoys riding in his new car!