Monday, October 14, 2013

To Be a Planner

I have always been a planner. I like to try (keyword try) to have things in order and be organized. Up until this past summer I was a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal when it came to cooking dinner at night. I haven't quite perfected this whole "working full time, come home and try to prepare a healthy delicious meal for your family while spending quality time with your fam" all at the same time. 


This summer I started meal planning. It's way more fun and exciting when you have the time to do it. I love to cook for my family. I can't say that it's always been that way, but here's the catch. I love to cook for my family when I have it planned out. There's nothing more that I dread (ok, maybe the dentist), than coming home from work and not have anything planned to cook. Ugh... those are the nights that it ends up being stressful and not so healthy. So, I found these cute meal planning sheets, because something cute will motivate me more, and I hope to get myself even more organized for the week ahead. On a very important side note, I have an AMAZING husband that will cook anytime he beats me home. And even when he doesn't beat me home, he jumps right in and helps even before he takes his tie off. Oh and he cleans the kitchen too. Like I said, he is amazing. Now, here's to happy meal planning. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely a planner! I cannot handle not having a meal plan for the week. Your husband sounds pretty great!

Keri said...

I am so not a good planner especially when it comes to meals! Maybe not a good planner at all actually. I like to have a plan, but sometimes, it just doesn't always work out right :(