Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Day Well Spent

We woke up this morning a little too early. For the record, I absolutely cannot sleep late. My body is on some sort of fixed alarm clock and it just will not allow it. It's a good thing because...


This little guy decided he wasn't sleeping in either. We tried everything to get him to snuggle back in and he wasn't having it. Matt made him a little pallet in the floor to see if he would "watch" cartoons. Hah. This guy has zero interest in television. Which is fine, I mean I don't want him to be a tv junkie, but there's nothing wrong with easing into a Saturday morning with some cartoons. This little nap mat lasted about 2 minutes and he was up ready to go. 


I guess he was excited because we were heading to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama/Arkansas game. 
Ooh it was time to cook some hogs. 


Aunt Keri got Fulton his first Alabama jersey. Love it! 14 was Matt's number in football, so we are walking in daddy's footsteps. Maybe he will be a future linebacker like his daddy. Quarterback wouldn't be too shabby either. Mom and Sister are always hooking Fulton up with the best AL gear. You can never have too many game day outfits. 


The day started off with a drizzle, but warmed up, the sun came out and it was beautiful. 


We got to tailgate with the fam and some of sister's friends. I made a new recipe... mac n cheese bites. Oh they were so cute and delicious too. Made them with gluten free noodles so Pops could have them. 


KK and Pops love them some Fulton. 


And Kiki and Pete too. Matt and Kristen... who are they?!? 


This boy was wearing KK and Pops out. He was on the go all day. Most of the time he was seen running as fast as he could down the sidewalk, turning around every few seconds to grin and make sure you were chasing after him. Fun game for the one chasing him. 


Running and more running. 


Can I just go on a tangent here to say that I love boys!! When we found out we were having a boy, I though what will I do with a boy?! Oh my stars I just love little boys!! And this boy especially. Now, I would just as much love a little frilly girl one day too if the Lord allows it, but  my how I love some boys. They sure have a place in their momma's hearts. 


The whole crew. I am so blessed. I have an amazing family. 


The rest of the afternoon was spent eating, relaxing, and visiting. We were thrilled to see some old friends from Oxford stop by the tailgate that we haven't seen in a couple of years. Mom headed back with me while Matt stayed for the game with the rest of the fam. It was a great day tailgating. 

2 comments:

Keri said...

What a fun day, but I am tired! I think Fulton enjoying getting to run all over the place and being chased.
Good thing I am getting some highlights soon, b/c I am just short of looking like 1/2 blond, 1/2 brunette :)

Jennifer said...

How fun!! Looks like you guys had a great time at one of the best places to be!