Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkins Everywhere

I just love pumpkins. Sometimes I wish they would come around mid-May just to paint and carve them half way through the year. But they don't, so we will enjoy them while they last. 


Fulton and I were heading home from school one day last week and decided to stop and pick up a pumpkin. We had yet to buy a real one for the front porch. With my grand ole purchase, he got this cute little free pumpkin with stickers to decorate it with. He was proud of his pumpkin. 


It was a local church and they had multiple sizes of pumpkins and at the front you could see the sizes and how much they were. Well, it's hard to remember the sizes once you walk away, so wouldn't you know Fulton and I pick the largest, most expensive pumpkin they offer. 
Oh well, at least I was donating it to the church. 


We sat out in the driveway and I painted my pumpkin and he decorated his (with a little help from me so they eyes wouldn't be on the bottom). Daddy was surprised by our creations when he arrived home. 


Fulton has been making lots of pumpkins at school too. Our art wall had to be rearranged
 a bit to hold our of our Fall crafts. 


And last night we gathered with our small group (which isn't so small anymore--I love how our class is growing) to have our annual pumpkin carving. We tried to get a picture with all the kids. Still missing one and only Ford's arm is showing in this one, but it was a good attempt. 


Some pretty intense carvers at work. 


The Howard family went for simplicity. And one of Fulton's faves... Batman. 


Daddy did the work and we will enjoy looking at it. It always makes me sad when it 
loses its life and we have to chunk it. Happy Fall!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Cute pumpkins! I have yet to carve one and it doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year :( Just too much going on.