Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July (yesterday)! I am so thankful I live in the land of the free! Matt had some history lessons with me on the drive to the lake. Just so I would be fully prepared for the holiday. I am now all brushed up and ready to answer some questions. The history teacher in him lives on. 


We headed to the lake on Wednesday. We got to spend some time with my mema and Fulton helped her pick blueberries. Although he was eating more than he was picking. 


We knew the forecast wasn't looking too good for the 4th, but boy they weren't kidding. It rained and rained and rained some more. And the temps were really cool. 


This guy was starting to get a little stir crazy indoors. We played with the flag and practiced saying the pledge of allegiance. A few more times and I am sure he will have it. Maybe. 


What else do you do at the lake when it's raining? You eat... and you eat fun and festive desserts. Some of our guests brought these 2 super cute homemade cookie cakes. They were too cute to cut. I made the patriotic rice krispie treats. Isn't that fun looking?!


The guys grilled a mound of hamburgers, hotdogs, and sausage. After lunch the rain finally let up for a few hours so we could actually go down to the pier. We enjoyed spending the 4th with lots of family and friends! We made it home in time for a little firework show in our neighborhood. Thanks to the Baccus family for that!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

What a great 4th of July...even though it rained ALL day!