Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

What a wonderful Mother's Day!! 


Matt started the day off right with homemade waffles and breakfast in bed.
 It was delicious. He is so good to me.  He got up extra early so I wouldn't have to lift a finger today. He even did all the laundry today. Sorry ladies... he is taken.


And this little charmer made me some special things too. A decoupaged flower pot with his pictures all over it, a picture key chain, and a paper weight made straight from a special rock he painted all by himself. Such a D-I-Yer. Love it. 


We had a great service at church and studied Hannah and her prayer to the Lord to bring her children. But it was a great reminder that our salvation is only in Christ. Not our husbands, our children, or materials. As great at these are, they can never give us the hope and 
satisfaction of our Lord and Savior. 


We had lunch with some friends after church, came home and took great naps and got ready for dinner with the fam. We met them at Beef O Brady's, where mom's eat free. Can't beat that. 


He was fascinated with the lemons. Kept sucking and chewing on them and then shivering in disgust. 


Happy Mother's Day to this special lady!! I am very thankful to have such a wonderful mother who has taught me how to be a mother myself. I have a lot to learn, but glad I have such a great example 
to learn from. Happy Mother's Day Mom! We love you!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Hope you enjoyed your day!

Jessica said...

Fulton is getting so big. I like the little sandals. Jack wear the XW shoes so I have not found any sandals to fit him.

G K said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day, Kristen! I absolutely adore that pic of you and F out on the porch. So precious!