Saturday, March 16, 2013

Our Very First Hair Cut

Today was the day... the day for our very first hair cut. Let's use the word "cut" lightly here because I was more in the market for a minor trim. Nothing to extreme here. 


This was at breakfast this morning. We will call this our before picture. Do you think it may have been time for a trim?? I will admit it was starting to get a little out of control, but I just couldn't bring myself to get it cut. I just love little buddy's hair. But I think he was starting to wonder what all the strings in his eyes were that he always had to look through to see stuff... that would be your hair buddy. Sorry.  


We did our homework and researched the best go to person for little wee ones hair cuts. Sister's friend recommended a girl and we arrived early to get this painstaking event over with. I will tell you that Matt seemed to take this a little more serious than I did. I was nervous for sure, but he was really nervous. He just wanted to make sure they didn't get out the clippers or anything and we would leave with a buzz cut.


It was finally our turn. This guy was a champ. She offered for me to sit in the chair and hold him or let him try by himself. He went right in the chair with no problem, sat as still as could be and didn't make a peep the entire time. Maybe he was in awe of all the hairdryers and curling irons or maybe he was just scared to death?!


And the cutting began. Slow and easy. Here you can really see how long it had gotten in the back. It curls so much in the back you couldn't see the rat tail we were starting to form.


This girl was amazing. She would cut a little, dry it and then we could tell if we were pleased. Not that you could put it back after it was cut, but you know what I mean.


A quick family photo op in the barber shop. Maybe he's still in shock here? 


Fulton even got his very own certificate. I am glad it's over... sad that it really was time for our first hair cut, but glad it was a success. 

1 comment:

Keri said...

Aww, it looks so cute!! He was such big boy to sit there so still and let her cut his hair. I can't believe you didn't have to bribe him or anything :)