Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Week

This past week was our last week to have a vacation and we took full advantage of it and headed to Gulf Shores with the fam...or at least part of the fam. We missed Sister and Steven, but somebody had to stay home and work. I guess I am saving up for when little man is born, but I just didn't take many pictures at all. We ate out every night, of course, you can never have too much seafood. This was at Tacky Jacks...one of my faves.



Matt and dad both ordered the garbage nachos. As you can see this is a huge plate of nachos with all this madness piled on top. The waitress was a little concerned that they were both ordering one and not sharing. But these guys don't share. You can see the before and after, they did pretty good finishing most of it.








Much time was spent on the beach, relaxing in the sand. I realize it won't be like this next year, so I was trying to soak it all in. This was right before a storm blew in and Matt, dad, and I kept trying to "hold out" and not go in... but once the sand started pelting me in the legs, I cashed it in. This is random, but you see that girl laying out in the back of the picture. I started thinking, do you ever wonder if you are in the back of people's pictures like that... freaks me out.





We got to come back out later for a little more time before dark and the waves were huge... that leads us to this....



This guy is crazy! Matt didn't wear his swimsuit back down since it was late... mistake. He kept watching all these kids swim and laugh and have a good time, he couldn't stand it any longer. He ripped his shirt off like David Hasselhoff and ran straight into the ocean with his shorts on. He loved it.



Harley man almost didn't get to come on the trip.... he was really sick last week and we took him to the vet the morning we were leaving and they wanted to keep him. I just couldn't stand the thought of the little buddy staying in the vet all week by himself... so we took the meds with us and nursed him back to health on the coast.




The last day the hubs decided he wasn't going to wear any sunscreen... but he is proof that sitting under the umbrella will still get you burned without your handy dandy SPF.




Last night to soak up the all you can eat shrimp platter and grease up the insides real good! It was a good week at the beach... sad summer is coming to an end...makes me want to cry.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Glad y'all had a good time! Next year will be so much fun with a little one in tow!