Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fulton's Nursery

The nursery is finally complete. It's been 99% complete for a while, we were just waiting on the chair to arrive. Do you want to see it? Well, just humor me and let me tell you all about it.

I want you to get your money's worth, so I will give you every detail. Mom finished off the curtains with some of the fabric that matches the bedding and made that quilt that is over the chair. Impressive huh?! You know we are all about some refurbishing of furniture and the small end table in the corner was from the thrift store, Matt sanded and painted it to match the other furniture. We found the bed on the side of the road, no I am kidding, really, it's new.


This chest of drawers came from Craig's List, Matt sanded and painted it to match the bed too. We just added new knobs and it was like new. I saw this canvas at a fun little shop and just decided to copy it. I know, I didn't do as good as the one I could have bought, but it works. Cute frame was made and given to us by our friends Drew and Whitney.



I love this above his bed, but boy was it a booger to get on there. I ordered the vinyl letters off Etsy and we bought the frame and had the glass cut to fit. Well, it took me, matt, sister, and steven to get this stinker on there straight..lots of sweat and an hour later, we finally had it on. I really like it though.



Here's a little closer look at the little buddy's bedding. I am so pleased with his bedding. It was hard to find something that matt didn't consider "too girlie." Another cute frame to the left that sister gave us.



Another refinished piece by the hubs.... found on Craig's List again, sanded, painted and new knobs. Matt is a rock star with refinishing furniture... he has done this to so many pieces we have found over the years. He made and painted the shelves above the dresser too. So, there you go... here's our little bambino's pad. I hope he likes it!!


On another non baby note, our football season started today. The Bucs had a big game on ESPN today, but sadly, the big belly and I decided to stay home because it's just too stinkin hot. The off season goes by way too quick!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Love the chair! Can't wait to some rock that sweet baby in it!!
I can't believe you didn't post a picture of the inside of his closet...you must go back and do that...or maybe that can be a separate post all by itself! I know Fulton will love his room!!

Unknown said...

Love his room!! It is so cute! Everything you picked is precious! Can't wait to see pictures of that sweet baby boy! :)

Kathy Jo said...

LOVE the nursery!!!! Yes, please show the closet...Keri has me interested!! :)

Kathy Jo

PS and next time you need vinyl letter, let me know!