Thursday, June 9, 2011

He's A Rockstar!

Matt has been doing a lot of painting and putting together of things recently. He is awesome!! With this little bambino arriving in the next few months, there are lots of things to be done. We got the office cleaned out and ready for occupancy and the bed arrived... now it was time to put it together. Sweet brother-in-law came over to help Matt with the bed. The furniture for the nursery is a "French White", basically it's cream colored. The bedding hasn't arrived yet, but hopefully it will soon so I can see how it looks.


And then it was time to paint the room... we didn't do anything drastic.. just a darker khaki color. He painted this whole room by himself in just a few hours and it looks awesome. I felt bad that I couldn't help, so I made myself useful and did the blue tape for him. Somebody's gotta do it.



And then he took a break from painting the walls and painted my toenails. How fabulous is he? really?! He is so amazing! It was getting uncomfortable bending over to do my toes, so he took over and did a great job by the way. If he ever needs a break from teaching I guess he could open a nail salon.





Last but not least.. the other pieces of furniture. We bought 2 pieces of furniture off Craig's List and they had to be sanded and painted to match the bed. This super (to be) dad sanded and painted it all the last 2 days. He is always sacrificing and extremely selfless... I need to take some tips from him. Thanks to husband of the year, Little Fulton now has furniture and some freshly painted walls (and his momma has some good lookin toes). I love this guy!!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Can't wait to see it all put together...especially once the bedding arrives! I am sure the furniture looks great! Now just have to add a few accessories to the room!

G K said...

Soooooooo sweet!

Christie said...

What a sweetheart! Can't wait to see Fulton's room!

Mamma Hicks said...

LOVE the furniture you guys have! As of now, we don't have anything for the baby's room. I've found a changing table that I love at Vapor thrift store over here on 280, and will probably be getting it within the next few weeks if it's still there.

But just keep an eye out for good deals for me! I'm all about saving money- especially after seeing the ridiculous prices in the retail stores!